As an APA resident-fellow member trustee (RMFT), my goal is to serve as the voice of resident and fellow psychiatrists, particularly in the realm of trainee wellbeing and serve as an advocate for people living with mental illness. Through my experience as a global practitioner, I discovered that change begins with us.
With your support, I strive to achieve the following:
Education and Training
Mentorship and Professional Development
Mental Health Reforms and Advocacy
My priority is to be YOUR voice and run for YOU. It is with great humility and perspective that I step forward to advance psychiatry and advocate for trainees and patients.
My commitment to psychiatric leadership and advocacy, my multicultural background, experience in global psychiatry, and my demonstrated resilience distinctively qualify me for the APA Resident-Fellow Member Trustee Elect position.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Association for Academic Psychiatry Poster Contest- Honorable Mention 2017
Denver, Colorado, on my poster presentation: Taking the "High Road" Addressing Physician Maltreatment.
- Harold Lawn Teacher of the Year Award 2017
This award honors the memory of Harold J. Lawn, M.D. and is presented by the Department of Psychiatry to a psychiatry resident who was nominated by the medical students as the best teacher and educator during their clerkship rotations.
- Ann Thomas award for best resident poster presentation 2015
At Ontario Psychiatric Association in Toronto, ON, Canada on my poster presentation on: Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD): Prevalence in the Youthdale Inpatient Population
- Elmaghraby, R. “Bring me the Real Doctor: Patient Bias and Discrimination”. APA Psychiatric News. March 2017.
- Elmaghraby, R. , Tobkes T. , Rocha-Cadman , X. , Taj F., Jaiswal, R. , Hsu, A., Alicia, Y., Key, G., Levin, T. “Serotonin Toxicity/ or syndrome in Patients: An Overlooked Cause of Delirium”. Serotonin Toxicity.In process.
- Zaraa, A., Elmaghraby, R., AlHassan, A., “Beta Blocker induced notorious psychiatric combination: Psychosis, Depression, and Suicide.” MOJ Clinical & Medical Case Reports. Oct 2015.
- Elmaghraby, R., Pientka, L., & Vinogradov, S. (2017) “Treatment of psychotic disorders: Cognitive Remediation.” Oxford University Press. In preparation.
- Elmaghraby R., Megits, L. Duty to Warn vs Privilege: Finding the right balance in high risk patients. Minnesota Psychiatric Society Fall Conference in Minnesota, USA. November 2017.
- Elmaghraby R., Nobari O., Pientka L. Taking the “high road”: Addressing Physician Maltreatment. Association for Academic Psychiatry in Colorado, USA. September 2017. *Honorable Mention award winner
- Elmaghraby R., Jasberg S. Pokémon Go and Psychosis: Bringing Augmented Reality to the forefront. American Psychiatric Association in San Diego, USA. May 2017.
- Elmaghraby R., Scheiner N, Liaschenko J. Role of preventive psychotherapy in solid-organ transplant recipients. American Psychiatric Association in San Diego, USA. May 2017.
- Elmaghraby R., Jasberg S. Pokémon Go and Psychosis: Bringing Augmented Reality to the forefront. International Congress on Schizophrenia Research in San Diego, USA. March 2017.
- Elmaghraby R., Tobkes T, Jaiswal R. Serotonin syndrome in the Burn ICU. American Psychiatric Association in Georgia, USA. May 2016.